Newcastle - Saturday 8th April - 10:00am
Date: Friday, April 08, 2016 At 10:00
Duration: 6 Hours
Venue: Kahibah Bowling Club, 63 Kenibea Av, Kahibah.
Note: Access is available from 9.00am.
Visitors: First meeting free, subsequent meetings $40
9.30am: Coffee and chit-chat
10.00am: Welcome and Announcements - Dennis O’Flynn
10.10am: Dennis O’Flynn - Where Are We Now?
Dennis will overview Australian and International indicies, selected commodities and ASX sectors.
10.25am: Portfolio management / Stock selection
Newcastle’s $100K Portfolio has run it’s course. Today we’ll discuss the mechanics of the "new $100K Portfolio".
10.45am: Peter Thornton – Options Time
Peter will talk about options moneyness and the relevant aspects to consider when trading options.
11.00am: Coffee and Networking
11:30am: Cameron Mitchell
Topic: “Simple Geometry & Psychology In The Financial Markets – 12 Steps to Trading Success”
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Three simple techniques that will dramatically increase your win / loss ratio
- How you can use these techniques on any financial market and any time frame (Weekly, Daily, Intraday)
- How to use simple geometry to maximise profits and pin point your entry
- How to eliminate that feeling of dread in your stomach when placing a trade
- How to develop your own non-emotional pre-trade routine. I will show you how I trade LIVE
- Why back testing is so important and how to do it properly
- How to use simple stop loss and profit targets and WHY to use them
- How Wall Street Traders use Time and Price to determine the safest entry point
- How to model the psychology of a professional athlete
Cameron Mitchel is a professional full-time trader with over 22 years’ experience. He trades several markets, specialising in the S&P 500, DAX, crude oil, foreign exchange and ASX shares. He also runs a multi-million dollar private managed fund and personally mentors a small select group of students each year. During the past 22 years he has lost everything 3 times, had his broker go into liquidation where he lost 95% of his wealth overnight, has lost $500,000 on a trade in one night and sat there in disbelief as it plunged, has broken all his rules many times, ignored his stop losses and like most has placed a trade based on emotion more than once.
But it’s these failures and losses that have made him the successful trader he is today. As a professional trader he has traded stocks, futures, options and CFDs on all the major financial exchanges and after many hours of back testing and experience he has developed a unique trading system which has allowed him to personally achieve a 80%+ win/loss ratio. He has privately taught his system for 17 years to students in Australia and internationally, and is regularly asked to speak to both traders and investors about his experience with technical analysis and trading psychology.
12:55pm: Lunch in Aetna Restaurant (optional)
1:55pm: Cameron Mitchell continues
3:00pm: Meeting concludes
Stephen Blacktop - 0410 413 972
Peter Thornton - 0411 155 745
Next meeting: Saturday 13th May
Next speaker: Justine Pollard - Adventures of a Trader
Future meetings: Usually the second Saturday of each month