Brisbane - Wednesday 19th April at 6.30pm
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 At 18:30
Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Venue: The Greek Club, 29 Edmondstone Street, South Brisbane. Click here to view map
Visitors are welcome. First visit free, subsequent visits $40.
6:00–6:20 pm: A look at charts and an analysis of a stock (optional attendance).
6:30 pm: Guest speaker: Cameron Mitchell
Topic: Simple Geometry & Psychology in the financial markets: 12 steps to trading success.
Cameron is a professional full-time trader with over 22 years’ experience specialising in the S&P 500, ASX, DAX, crude oil, foreign exchange using shares, futures, options and CFD's. He also runs a multi-million dollar privately managed fund. During the past 22 years he has lost everything 3 times, his broker went into liquidation where he lost 95% of his wealth overnight, he lost $500,000 on a trade in one night and sat there in disbelief as it dropped. He has broken all of his rules many times, ignored stop losses, and like most traders has placed a trade based on emotion more than once.
These failures and losses have made him the successful trader he is today. Using this experience, combined with many hours of back testing, he has developed a unique trading system achieving a win/loss ratio greater than 80%.
Some of the topics to be covered in Cameron's presentation are:
* Three simple techniques to dramatically increase your win/loss ratio;
* How you can use these techniques on any financial market and any time frame (weekly, daily, intra-day);
* How to use simple geometry to maximise profits and pinpoint your entry;
* How to eliminate that feeling of dread in your stomach when placing a trade;
* How to develop your own unemotional pre-trade routine. I will show you how I trade LIVE;
* Why back testing is so important and how to do it properly;
* How to use simple stop-loss and profit targets, and WHY to use them;
* How Wall Street traders use time and price to determine the safest entry point;
* How to model the psychology of a professional athlete.
For 17 years Cameron has taught his system by mentoring a small select group of students in Australia and internationally. He is regularly asked to speak to both traders and investors about his experience with technical analysis and trading psychology.
Further information: Tim Young
Phone: 0414 873 003
Next meeting: 17th May
Next speaker: Will Kraa
Future meetings: Usually the 3rd Wednesday of each month